Update: This contest is now closed, and the winner has been announced! Watch their winning video!
PS Guelph, ArtsEverywhere.ca, and the Canadian Music Centre are partnering to bring you the How to Play Your World contest!
Empower your students with the joy of sound making, record the results, and be eligible to win the GRAND PRIZE: a visit to your classroom by author/musician/educator Rich Marsella, and a cash prize of $3000 for your school!
- Grab a copy of Richard Marsella’s new book How to Play Your World, or use a lesson plan from the free preview pages on the website.
- Run through one of the inventive lessons from the book to create an original composition (no previous musical experience required!). Practice with your students and document your song on video, or as an audio clip with accompanying photos.
- Classes will submit their compositions by uploading the video file to this website between March 9th and April 30th, 2018. Videos do not need to document a live performance — feel free to get creative!
- The first round of submissions will be narrowed to a “Top 5” by our panel, which includes Rich Marsella, and Matthew Fava of the Canadian Music Centre.
- The first and second place winners will be announced on May 7th!
Registration is now closed for this contest. For any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com
“For a child of five, art is life and life is art… but once the child is in school they get separated—art becomes art and life becomes life.”
― R. Murray Schafer,